[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri May 28 14:04:33 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
All I need now is an early 19th century ball (Eva's historical costuming
blog)

I finished this 1810s gown already in December, but then I "had" to make a
silk petticoat to wear under it, and I wanted a matching spencer, which I
finished ten days ago, and a turban, which I finished last week.Then I was
busy with my fantasy

Read more at
https://evashistoricalcostumes.blogspot.com/2021/05/all-i-need-now-is-early-19th-century.html
------------------------------
An Earth fairy photo shoot (Eva's historical costuming blog)

As part of my project of having a wire crown for each of the four elements,
and a photo shoot as a fairy/an elf for each element I brought lots of
stuff with me when hubby and I went to a cabin in the woods last weekend
(this is where we went, we

Read more at
https://evashistoricalcostumes.blogspot.com/2021/05/an-earth-fairy-photo-shoot.html
------------------------------
Reconstructing hairnets from 13th to 16th century (Knots in a net – Solmuja
verkossa)

If you look just at details, you fade out the big picture. That’s why it
was so fascinating to pull all my research and reconstructions together for
a lecture. I still have questions that I don’t really expect to get the
mother of all answers. I

Read more at
https://knotsinanet.wordpress.com/2021/05/22/reconstructing-hairnets-from-13th-to-16th-century/
------------------------------
13th century hairnet from Marburg (Knots in a net – Solmuja verkossa)

I’m going to concentrate on the embroidery side of things this time. The
basic form of the hairnet is from the Museum of London hairnets which I’ve
written about before. You can do a bit of counting if you like, but as
you’ll see, the maker of the

Read more at
https://knotsinanet.wordpress.com/2021/05/21/13th-century-hairnet-from-marburg/
(how to choose) Viking age colours (Handcrafted History)

This post is a collab with Korps and contains advertisement for plantdyes
and fabrics I wanted to put down what I have learned about coloured
garments and fabrics from the Viking age, so you may use it as a guide …
Continue reading →

Read more at
https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2021/05/21/how-to-choose-viking-age-colours/