[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri May 7 14:04:33 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
My first 16th century ceramics (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

They are fired and photographed, my first 16th century ceramic replicas.
The original is for food storage, in yellow clay and glaced only on the
inside. I made mine in grey clay and therefore I glaced them on the outside
too. And they are made for

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2021/05/my-first-16th-century-ceramics.html
------------------------------
Why Shouldn't My Goose / My Dame Hath A Lame Tame Crane (Anneleyn
Cornelisse's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI3ZgeXkR1w
------------------------------
Call to Curia May 27, 2021 at 7 pm CET (Drachenwald Blog)

Their Majesties Æiríkr inn Hárfagri and Jacquelyna de Bellmont give notice
that they intend to hold a Curia Regis on Thursday May 27, 2021 beginning
at 19:00 CET. This will be an online meeting hosted via Zoom. Please see
the online Drachenwald

Read more at
https://drachenwald.sca.org/posts/news/2021/05/04/curia-invitation/
------------------------------
Earl Paul Fighting with and against Left Hand ([The] Dawn Company's YouTube
channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0_P1KguVU
------------------------------
Vodka, mead and rum (Wellerman song done for Drachenwald) (Agnes Edgren's
Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMdOC2I1lfk
------------------------------
Welcome! (Handcrafted History)

Welcome to Handcrafted History, a small business located in the middle of
Sweden. I am Linda, and have been handcrafting and travelling on historical
adventures for 20 years! I offer made-to-measure historical clothing,
lectures and workshops from

Read more at https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2021/05/03/welcome/
------------------------------
Duke Vitus - Mind Games ([The] Dawn Company's YouTube channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqZxZ5IYXlI
------------------------------
16th century silk garters in sprang (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

More sprang...I know, I cant help it! Its fun. This time, garters. I made
pairs both of wool and of silk. And I will show you pictures. But first,
some more information. According to Dagmar Dinkler, Die Rekonstruktion von
eng anliegenden, antiken

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2021/05/16th-century-silk-garters-in-sprang.html
------------------------------
Elevation at Plague Wars court (Drachenwald Blog)

Greetings unto Our wonderful populace of Drachenwald! We have some good
news to share with you all. In response to the writ with which We presented
him last August, where We announced that We wish to elevate him to the
Order of Defense, Baron

Read more at
https://drachenwald.sca.org/posts/news/2021/05/02/elevation-at-plague-wars/
------------------------------
Feastgear: sources for information (The lazy reenactor girl)

Now we’re doing a short break in the cavalcade of viking food! Because a
couple of months back I got a request from the principality chronicler to
do a piece in the newsletter about finding sources for information about
feastgear. Which of course, I

Read more at
https://lazyreenactorgirl.wordpress.com/2021/05/01/feastgear-sources-for-information/
How to make a medieval linen shirt (Handcrafted History)

Welcome to this step-by-step tutorial, perfect for beginners. It might seem
long, but explains everything you need to know. Follow it as you go, or
look up the section where you might need extra guidance! This is a great
project … Continue reading →

Read more at
https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2021/04/30/how-to-make-a-medieval-linen-shirt/