[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Jun 11 14:04:35 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
Some thought about male hairnets (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

I have been working on my sprang hairnets. For the first time I have tried
to work with silk instead on linen. The extant finds of hairnets are in
silk. So, that semse like the natural choise. I started working with the
Lengbergfinds and they are in

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2021/06/some-thought-about-male-hairnets.html
Making nice looking seams without ironing (Handcrafted History)

If you have browsed my earlier tutorials (and videos on my Patreon) you
might have discovered that I really looove pressing my seams all the time.
But how did they achieve good looking seams “back then” without the use of
… Continue reading →

Read more at
https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2021/06/04/making-nice-looking-seams-without-ironing/