[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Aug 27 14:04:34 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
Meet Ingrid Audardotter (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Your full name Mistress Ingrid Audardotter from
Holmrike/Nordmark/Drachenwald About One summer evening in 2008 I was
invited home to some friends of mine for dinner. I was tired and my friends
first comment when I was arriving was: “We have a small

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/ingrid-audardotter/
------------------------------
Köping en annan verklighet (In Swedish, subtitles in English) (Agnes
Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXsnCyq5u0
------------------------------
Progress update – Cennini and whites of egg (Drachenwald Arts Challenge)

Another heraldic project has started in earnest, Marcella di Cavallino
intends to make a banner inspired by an extant example in the Metropolitan
Museum of Art and has written and blog update about it on An everyday
Italian Go check it out!

Read more at
https://drachenwaldartschallenge.wordpress.com/2021/08/26/progress-update-cennini-and-whites-of-egg/
------------------------------
Drachenwald Laurels' Arts Challenge: Heraldic textiles for your camp, Part
I (An Everyday Italian)

Anyone who's spent any time with me knows my...intense dislike, shall we
say...of art as a competition. Having said that, deadlines are useful, so
when a handful of Drachenwald Laurels offered up a challenge, which is
definitely not a competition,

Read more at
https://freewaydiva.blogspot.com/2021/08/drachenwald-laurels-arts-challenge.html
------------------------------
Third Q&A scheduled (Drachenwald Arts Challenge)

The third Q&A is now scheduled for Tuesday August 31, 2021 at 19:00 (7pm)
CEST, that’s 20:00 (8pm) in Helsinki, 18:00 (6pm) in London and 13:00 (1pm)
in New York. If you are a challenger who has finished your project, please
send in some details for

Read more at
https://drachenwaldartschallenge.wordpress.com/2021/08/25/third-qa-scheduled/
------------------------------
To serve – according to Duncan (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Question: To serve, what does it mean? What does it mean to different
people? Other than organising events or taking an office. To serve –
according to Duncan If you ask five Pelicans what service means, you are
likely to get five different answers.

Read more at
https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/to-serve-what-does-it-mean-according-to-duncan/
------------------------------
5 Swedish folklore stories about people taken by the trolls (Agnes Edgren's
Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOMTIZhq34
------------------------------
My Køstrup dress (The lazy reenactor girl)

So, as you might have noticed on my Facebook page the past few weeks, I’ve
been making a new apron dress for my Iron Age/Viking kit. I wanted to try
out a new model and one with some actual evidence from archeological finds.
I’ve also seen a bunch

Read more at
https://lazyreenactorgirl.wordpress.com/2021/08/22/my-kostrup-dress/
------------------------------
Meet Jovi Torstensdottir (Drachenwald Pelicans)

About Mistress Jovi started her life in SCA on a Tuesday evening at the
shire of Gotvik meeting in a “collective” at Vasaplatsen in Gothenburg.
There the seneschal Brynolf gave her an SCA in a nutshell lecture, about
what the known world was about

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/jovi-torstensdottir/
------------------------------
Device film 2 - How to make a heraldic picture for the form. (Drachenwald
Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er0jIW7osDE
Food of the ordinary people 16th century Ireland. (The Irish Ages)

How do we know what food the Farmer, labourer, the garden may have had
access to in sixteenth century Ireland, for this I am using food,
livestock, bread and cake, fish , cereals, honey , poultry, beer that was
used to pay their rent. This was known

Read more at
https://theirishages.home.blog/2021/08/20/food-of-the-ordinary-people-16th-century-ireland/