[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Aug 20 14:04:33 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
Römer und Taschen (Anna Syveken)

Die Geschichte der Tasche ist eine Geschichte voller Missverständnisse.
Nein, dieser Werbespruch passt natürlich nicht, aber die Geschichte der
Tasche im römischen Reich und insbesondere in der Spätantike, mit der ich
mich beschäftige, ist eine

Read more at https://nautahistoriae.com/2021/08/19/romer-und-taschen/
------------------------------
To serve – according to Ingrid (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Question: To serve, what does it mean? What does it mean to different
people? Other than organising events or taking an office. To serve –
according to Ingrid That is a big question to try to answer short. For me,
it is to make things realized. May

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/to-serve-according-to-ingrid/
------------------------------
Hairnet on the go (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

During medieval week in Visby, Gotland, Sweden, the best thing with
creating stuff happened to me. To see my creations worn by people. As soon
as I saw a net I made on someone I was running after them, asking for a
picture. And this is actually

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2021/08/hairnet-on-go.html
------------------------------
Meet Garsiyya ibn Ibrahim ibn Sulaiman al-Qurtubi (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Master Garsiyya started life in the SCA in 2001 when he met Mairi Jean and
she dragged him to an Adamastor Yule tournament. Adamastor is a small shire
at the southern end of Africa, so over the years, Garsiyya found himself
serving as Adamastor

Read more at
https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/meet-garsiyya-ibn-ibrahim-ibn-sulaiman-al-qurtubi/
------------------------------
Podcast om SCA och Nordmark (Aros)

Det är möjligt att många har missat det, men Hertiginnan Drachenwald,
alltså Vanna, och Lady Beatrix har en pod. Nu efter medeltidsveckan har de
kommit ut med första avsnittet på andra säsongen av Någonstans i Nordmark
och det handlar om just

Read more at https://aros.nordmark.org/podcast-om-sca-och-nordmark/
------------------------------
Everyday Italian: Mostaccioli (An Everyday Italian)

Remember this post about mostaccioli? I not only ordered olive forks, but I
also ordered the missing ingredients to make the 'ancient' version from the
website I found, and right now La Palmerosa smells amazing.It all started
with this bit from

Read more at
https://freewaydiva.blogspot.com/2021/08/everyday-italian-mostaccioli.html
------------------------------
September Dragon’s Tale has been published (Drachenwald Blog)

Greetings good people of Drachenwald! The Chronicler has published a new
Dragon’s Tale for your enjoyment. This links directly to the current
newsletter (.pdf), and does not need a password. If this doesn’t work you
can follow this link to the

Read more at
https://drachenwald.sca.org/posts/news/2021/08/15/Dragons-tale-September-2021/
5 stories about the being Skogsrå, the Scandinavian Mistress of the Forest
(Agnes Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUCVH4wiqJg