[Announcements] Event update: Some Ting - "At the Inn on the Forest Road" (Knights Crossing, September 17, 2021)

Thu Aug 19 15:23:11 UTC 2021

Greetings,

Update on calendar event: Some Ting - "At the Inn on the Forest Road"
(Knights Crossing, September 17, 2021).
You can find the most recent information at
https://drachenwald.sca.org/events/calendar/#/knights-crossing/2021-01-15/some-ting
.

Event summary:
"SOME TING": THE INN ON THE FOREST ROAD A group of tired travellers on the
forest road might peer into the darkness, hoping for a glimmer of firelight
to pierce the night. Within the Inn, they hope to find cheer, warm food,
good company – and a welcome rest from the storm. Step inside, cast off
your cloaks, and find a place for your party by the fireside. Wortham
Priory offers refuge and respite to all travellers weary from the
tribulations of the last months. In these times of trouble, we promise
safety with simple food, good drinks, and a snug bed. Unpack your wares,
games and handicrafts, and share a tale with a stranger or a long-lost
friend. There will be an A&S café, and plenty of opportunity for your own
activities. Just tell us what you need and the Priory will try to help.
While vaccination proceeds, we still take the pandemic seriously. So this
event is designed for groups of friends. To minimise risk (and reduce
environmental load), we suggest that groups travel together, eat together
in our Inn, and share a room of 6 beds with a private bathroom. All
possible sanitary precautions will be taken to give you a relaxing,
enjoyable, and safe event in a beautiful part of Germany. If you are not
part of a group, please let us know and we will find companions for you! We
will update this description and the Facebook Event page as COVID
restrictions change. It is possible the event will be restricted (or mostly
restricted) to those who are fully vaccinated, recovered, or recently
tested. Even if you are recovered or vaccinated, please consider testing
just before the event anyway, as a safety and courtesy to your fellow
travellers. If COVID restrictions force us to shrink the event, we will
follow a "first booked = last cancelled" policy.