[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Aug 13 14:04:34 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
To serve – according to Victoria (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Question: To serve, what does it mean? What does it mean to different
people? Other than organising events or taking an office. To serve –
according to Victoria To me, in addition to holding office or stewarding
events, service means giving of

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/to-serve-what-does-it-mean/
------------------------------
the weekend before last (Kareina's observations)

Started for me on Monday of that week, ( with trying to solve pre-event car
problems )However, I still had a lot of work to do for the “skattjakt”
(treasure-hunt) for the event, so I decided that actually fixing the car
was tomorrow’s problem, and

Read more at https://kareina.dreamwidth.org/785112.html
------------------------------
What is service? (Drachenwald Pelicans)

So to kick off my posts to this blog I thought I should start with a simple
subject, what is service? Now of course the question, what is service, is
not a simple or easy subject to address, and I do not think that we will
come to the end […]

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/test-article/
------------------------------
5 folklore stories about Gruvrået - the mistress of the mountain (Agnes
Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1pOjShgeVE
------------------------------
Pelicans Q & A (Drachenwald Pelicans)

We are aiming to answer non-peers questions about Pelican and SCA in
general. So if you have a question you would like us to answer please
contact us. Contact: ingrid.audardotter at gmail.com

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/pelicans-q-a/
------------------------------
My folk costume (Eva's historical costuming blog)

 I have made a new apron for my folk costume, and I have updated the page
for it so much that it is virtually a whole new page. Now it also has lots
of preserved garments which I could/will add to my costume eventually.

Read more at
https://evashistoricalcostumes.blogspot.com/2021/08/my-folk-costume.html
------------------------------
Progress update – Knitting practice (Drachenwald Arts Challenge)

We have an update from one of the challengers! I’m going to knit a bag, but
before I start the real thing I’m trying out the patterns… and as this is
the first time I do this. I’m also learning how not to pull on the threads.
Practice makes perfect

Read more at
https://drachenwaldartschallenge.wordpress.com/2021/08/09/progress-update-knitting-practice/
------------------------------
Who are the pelicans? (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Question: Is there something in common with all the pelicans? What kind of
people are the ones behind the mystic word Pelican? So this question
reached the Pelicans ears. We believe that the people that are Pelicans are
as diverse as the rest of the

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/who-are-the-pelicans/
------------------------------
Straight from the bird’s mouth (Drachenwald Pelicans)

Welcome to the Drachenwald pelicans first blog post. Here we aim for you to
hear stuff directly from us and therefore the title of the page has to be:
Straight form the bird´s mouth During this pandemic, we all have been
trying to endure not being

Read more at https://drachenwaldpelicans.org/straight-from-the-birds-mouth/
------------------------------
Progress update – A tapestry Spike (Drachenwald Arts Challenge)

We have an update from one of the challengers! The tapestry part of Spike
is done. Spike piece is a total of 7 inches wide and 16 inches tall. The
8/4 cotton rug warp warp ends are .25 inches apart. The wool yarn I am
using is bulky weight.

Read more at
https://drachenwaldartschallenge.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/progress-update-a-tapestry-spike/
------------------------------
Il Moro (An Everyday Italian)

An interesting fact about Florence: the first Medici Duke was half
African. Daphne di Cinto, whom you may know as the Duchess of Hastings from
Bridgerton, has created a short film to tell his story. Please consider
throwing some Euro her way to help

Read more at https://freewaydiva.blogspot.com/2021/08/il-moro.html
------------------------------
SCA song parody - Duct tape (Agnes Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46vqEK-RXA
------------------------------
Jan van Nyenrode - How To Make A Gambeson ([The] Dawn Company's YouTube
channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Smnq8lRRZM
------------------------------
Progress update – Practice makes you better (Drachenwald Arts Challenge)

We have an update from one of the challengers! Lady Alays is working on
Naalbinding and sends this photo with the caption: Who knew that practicing
improves your skills… Top left is the first attempt. /Alays de Lunel,
Drachenwald

Read more at
https://drachenwaldartschallenge.wordpress.com/2021/08/06/progress-update-practice-makes-you-better/
It started innocently enough (An Everyday Italian)

A comment online reminded me that I thought there was a bit in Scappi that
talks about specific crackers on a sideboard, so I reviewed the translation
I have (Scully) where he’s used ‘biscuits’ to describe the thing, which -
because he’s British -

Read more at
https://freewaydiva.blogspot.com/2021/08/it-started-innocently-enough.html