[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Aug 6 14:04:35 UTC 2021

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
One month in, and two projects finished (Drachenwald Arts Challenge)

We have realized that we would have to spend an entire day going through
all projects if we were to present all finished ones at the end of this
challenge. For this month we have two artisans with finished projects, and
we have opted to have them

Read more at
https://drachenwaldartschallenge.wordpress.com/2021/08/05/one-month-in-and-two-projects-finished/
------------------------------
Lady Agnes Boncuer - An Introduction To Armour ([The] Dawn Company's
YouTube channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPjyo-CrAM
------------------------------
All you wanted to know about my 13th century Spanish costumes (Eva's
historical costuming blog)

After a serious scare when Blogger decided to take down my blog because of
alleged PHISHING activites- I kid you not - it is up again.I mean, in the
name of the Gods: This is an educational blog about costume history!Anyway,
the page about my 13th

Read more at
https://evashistoricalcostumes.blogspot.com/2021/08/all-you-wanted-to-know-about-my-13th.html
------------------------------
Egyptian Tunic with Tapestry Bands and Roundels (Jahanara's Weaving &
Research)

Egyptian Tunic with Tapestry Bands and Roundels Jahanara Mon, 08/02/2021 -
15:51 Time Period 7th C AD 8th C AD 9th C AD Weave Structure Plain Weave
Tapestry Cultures Egyptian Museum The Clothworkers' Centre for the

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/127
------------------------------
Glory to our lord the sultan (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Glory to our lord the sultan Jahanara Mon, 08/02/2021 - 15:40 Time Period
14th C AD 15th C AD Weave Structure Lampas Cultures Spanish Museum The
Clothworkers' Centre for the Study and Conservation of Textiles and

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/126
------------------------------
Peacock samitum (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Peacock samitum Jahanara Mon, 08/02/2021 - 15:35 Time Period 12th C AD
Weave Structure Samitum Cultures Spanish Museum The Clothworkers' Centre
for the Study and Conservation of Textiles and Fashion Museum

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/125
------------------------------
Hunter and Lion Samitum (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Hunter and Lion Samitum Jahanara Mon, 08/02/2021 - 15:30 Time Period 6th C
AD 7th C AD 8th C AD Weave Structure Samitum Cultures Byzantine Egyptian
Museum The Clothworkers' Centre for the Study and Conservation of

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/124
------------------------------
Lion Samitum (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Lion Samitum Jahanara Mon, 08/02/2021 - 15:19 Time Period 8th C AD 9th C AD
10th C AD 11th C AD Weave Structure Samitum Cultures Byzantine Museum The
Clothworkers' Centre for the Study and Conservation of Textiles

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/123
------------------------------
Odin and Thor - From Gods to folklore beings (Agnes Edgren's Youtube
Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9zOUEgVUw
------------------------------
Damask Trim (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Damask Trim Jahanara Sat, 07/31/2021 - 07:59 Notes 185 warp threads Wound
separate waste warp of various cotton yarns to ensure I could weave as much
of  the silk warp as possible. This technique worked really well, I had
very little waste

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/31
------------------------------
Linen Hem Finishing (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Linen Hem Finishing Jahanara Sat, 07/31/2021 - 07:58 Notes For technical
specs, see my Weavolution Project Page. I wove this plain linen band to
finish the cut hems on my blue handwoven Sasanian Robe. This project was
inspired when I

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/30
------------------------------
Silk Lampas (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Silk Lampas Jahanara Sat, 07/31/2021 - 21:07 Time Period 14th C AD Weave
Structure Lampas Cultures Spanish Museum The Clothworkers' Centre for the
Study and Conservation of Textiles and Fashion Museum

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/76
------------------------------
Medeltidsveckan 2021 (Handcrafted History)

This post is in Swedish since it is info about my workshops during the
Medieval Week in Visby Äntligen är årets kurser ute i programmet! Tisdag
förmiddag toile/överkropp Onsdag eftermiddag brickbandsvävning Torsdag
förmiddag ärmkurs Fredag förmiddag

Read more at
https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2021/07/31/medeltidsveckan-2021/
------------------------------
Damask cowl (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Damask cowl Jahanara Fri, 07/30/2021 - 21:23 Notes 8 meters 21" Pattern
Notes Rose pattern from Spies 7th C Egyptian pg. 131. 30/2 gemstone silk
36-40 epi First sample 40 epi in 15 dent reed 2-3-3, see reed substitution
chart Second sample

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/17
Handwoven Persian Robe (Jahanara's Weaving & Research)

Handwoven Persian Robe Jahanara Fri, 07/30/2021 - 21:15 Notes I set out to
weave cloth to make a 7th C Persian Robe based on several extant robes I
have found online and seen depicted on many Sasanian Silverworks. When I
began my costuming

Read more at https://thepurplelotus.org/node/15