[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Oct 30 15:04:33 UTC 2020

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
Scandinavian Folklore, part 3 - Mylingar (Patriarchy's own being) (Agnes
Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v33gI2dD0Y
------------------------------
Bardic Verse: My Virtual Raglan by Milady Kelly (The Drachenwald Decameron)

Within known wallsand not castle hallswas my very first Raglan fair-yet
without it, I wouldn’t have been there.   Remembered a few people from
Shire events, met many more who were new to me, and the SCA, which is what
happens when you’re new

Read more at
https://dracameron.blogspot.com/2020/10/bardic-verse-my-virtual-raglan-by.html
------------------------------
Mystery Monday: Uideal (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European Sources)

Every Monday we will post an entry that hasn’t yet been published with a
view towards harnessing the collective onomastic power of the internet. If
you have any thoughts about the name’s origin, other variants it might be
related to, other examples

Read more at https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/10/26/mystery-monday-uideal/
------------------------------
Viking woman’s coat (Handcrafted History)

This tutorial was made 4 years ago, in Swedish, but my dear blog reader Eva
Bolinder took the time to translate it for you. Thank you Eva! Fancy blue
coat in thick woolen twill, with silk decorations and woolen tablet …
Continue reading →

Read more at https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2020/10/25/viking-womans-coat/
------------------------------
Will of Jane Bruce - Nether Hayforde, Oxfordshire - 1589 (Gesta Nicholai)

The will of Jane Bruce (-c.1589) of Nether Hayforde, Oxfordshire, husband
to Richard Bruce, maiden name currently unknown. Jane is my 11th
great-grandmother. Transcribed by myself.Source: Oxfordshire Wills Index,
1516-1857; Original & Registered

Read more at
https://gesta-nicholai.blogspot.com/2020/10/will-of-jane-bruce-nether-hayforde.html
------------------------------
Fuck You All - A Frozen Parody (Agnes Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-NpARnJsk
------------------------------
Schöne Dinge aus dem Met Museum (Anna Syveken)

Eine Anstecknadel aus dem 3./4. Jh.
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/464995 Eine schmale Brosche
– Raumschiff Enterprise, anyone? 3. Jh.
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/464942 Die elegante
römische Variante eines

Read more at
https://nautahistoriae.com/2020/10/23/schone-dinge-aus-dem-met-museum/
Drachenwald Files no 12 - Interview with Lady Yrmegard of Hawkwood (Agnes
Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J1VucmRSMc