[Announcements] New event: Learn heraldic conflict checking (Aarnimetsä, October 22, 2020)

Thu Oct 22 15:23:18 UTC 2020

Greetings,

New calendar event: Learn heraldic conflict checking (Aarnimetsä, October
22, 2020)
. You can find the most recent information at
https://drachenwald.sca.org/events/calendar/#/aarnimetsa/2020-10-22/learn-heraldic-conflict-checking
.

Event summary:
(This is a rerun of the class I gave on Oct 14th.) Join me for a useful
introduction to heraldic conflict checking in the SCA (armory; not covering
names). Although this "part 1" doesn't cover using Complex Search, it
covers stuff that's crucial to understand to be able to wield Complex
Search. (If you don't know what that is, don't worry.) the session is held
in English. Suitable: - for beginners - for brushing up existing conflict
checking skills - for building towards learning Complex Search Contents: -
What's heraldic conflict checking in the SCA and why do we do it? - How do
I read blazon efficiently? - What's charge group theory and why is it
really convenient? - Dive into conflict checking without losing your
bearings! Yours in Service, Memorantia, Albion Herald

The link for this online meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83550368622

The password: herald

Instructions for obtaining the password: