[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Jul 31 14:04:35 UTC 2020

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
The Battle for Claude (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European Sources)

The year was 1546. A man named Chappuis wanted to name his son “Claude”
after one of his relatives. Unfortunately for Chappuis, he lived in
Calvin’s Geneva, where “Claude” happened to be the name of a local saint
highly honored by Catholics.  This

Read more at https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/29/the-battle-for-claude/
------------------------------
L is for Lunge (Wolfram von Falkenstein and Alessandra di Riario's Youtube
Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBM4HSp1rs
------------------------------
Aarnimetsa court (Drachenwald Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rroJJQVpfFU
------------------------------
Terminology Tuesday: Fibre 1 (A Viking in Ireland)

Fibre is a huge area with lots of processes and techniques. I’m having a
hell of a time keeping the various terms straight. A couple of weaving
terms I do know now, but confused in the past are warp and weft. Warp is
the lengthwise yarn or thread

Read more at https://thoragreylock.wordpress.com/2020/07/28/tt_fibre1/
------------------------------
Mystery Monday: Lyssence (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European
Sources)

Every Monday we will post an entry that hasn’t yet been published with a
view towards harnessing the collective onomastic power of the internet. If
you have any thoughts about the name’s origin, other variants it might be
related to, other examples

Read more at https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/27/mystery-monday-lyssence/
------------------------------
Swedish 16th century peasant trousers (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

As another handicraft exchange I made a pair of 16th century trousers. They
are actually Swedish, not German for once.The inspiration comes from a
drawing made by Paul Dolnstein from 1502. Paul Dolnstein took part in a
landsknecht army in the late

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2020/07/swedish-16th-century-peasant-trousers.html
------------------------------
A Catch on the Midnight Cats (Anneleyn Cornelisse's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKEQCebUb6o
------------------------------
Posament class 1 (Agnes Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1UJpgM-Fs
Early 14th century outfit (Handcrafted History)

This is my early 14th century outfit, hand stitched and made with
inspiration from medieval manuscript sources, like the Luttrell Psalter
from early 14th c England. I made the dress for my video project and wanted
to put together a … Continue

Read more at
https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2020/07/24/early-14th-century-outfit/