[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Jul 17 17:21:33 UTC 2020

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
A lot of projects on my hands (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

I have been working with a lot of projects lately. There is so many fun
things to do, to try. But the downside with having a lot of fun things to
do is that nothing gets finished. And if nothing gets finished I have
nothing to present to you. So, I

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2020/07/a-lot-of-projects-on-my-hands.html
------------------------------
In Search of Yfaine (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European Sources)

As a research intern this summer with Dr. Uckelman this summer, I’m working
on a couple projects! For the Mystery Names project, my fellow interns and
I are going through the Mystery Monday blog post comments and DMNES Twitter
replies to determine

Read more at https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/16/in-search-of-yfaine/
------------------------------
Mythical Beast Challenge Teaser 1 (Agnes Edgren's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbI4cNZ6CFM
------------------------------
The Quest for Arthurian Manuscripts (Dictionary of Medieval Names from
European Sources)

One of the projects I’ve been working on this summer is creating a
spreadsheet of Arthurian names and the manuscripts in which they’re used.
Wikipedia was helpful in listing Arthurian character names and stories, but
we found it a little harder to

Read more at
https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/15/the-quest-for-arthurian-manuscripts/
------------------------------
Ranulf Makes Mistakes (So You Don't Have To): Episode 1 (Ranulf li
Norreis's Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMZWQbrwio
------------------------------
A Bolognese herb tourte (Adventures of Tomyris)

In a classic case of "I found this whilst looking for something else"-ness,
I...found this whilst looking for something else. In Scappi's Opera.*I had
most of the ingredients, and it sounded pretty good, and I needed something
for lunches, so I

Read more at
https://freewaydiva.blogspot.com/2020/07/a-bolognese-herb-tourte.html
------------------------------
Mystery Monday: Kineke & Kyne (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European
Sources)

Every Monday we will post an entry that hasn’t yet been published with a
view towards harnessing the collective onomastic power of the internet. If
you have any thoughts about the name’s origin, other variants it might be
related to, other examples

Read more at
https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/13/mystery-monday-kineke-kyne/
------------------------------
Latin, Palaeography, and Latin Palaeography Part Four (13 July 2020) (An
American Reenactor Abroad)

Plugging away at both transcription and translation of a late medieval
charter. Written in the usual charming style.

Read more at https://www.aspiringluddite.com/sca
------------------------------
Solution Saturday: Kermunt (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European
Sources)

Every Saturday, we will revisit one of our Mystery Monday names that we
have solved. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed their knowledge
and expertise, whether commenting here or on twitter or via email. You’ve
all helped solve a

Read more at
https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/11/solution-saturday-kermunt/
My Gateway Ancestors into the SCA Period (Gesta Nicholai)

It's a common concept in genealogy to talk about f=gatewat ancestors, often
the ones that provide the link from one territory to another, such as those
that were the initial immigrants to a new country. The same concept can be
applied in time, So

Read more at
https://gesta-nicholai.blogspot.com/2020/07/my-gateway-ancestors-into-sca-period.html