[Announcements] This is Drachenwald weekly update

Fri Jul 3 15:20:32 UTC 2020

This is the weekly summary for 'This is Drachenwald'
Alnö Medieval Church (Handcrafted History)

Alnö is an island just outside the town were I live, and there is a really
amazing church with medieval paintings inside. But for some reason, I have
never visited the church before. Last year there was a small medieval …
Continue reading →

Read more at
https://handcraftedhistory.blog/2020/07/02/alno-medieval-church/
------------------------------
Ireland vs. England: Are Protestant Names Different Than Puritan Names?
(Dictionary of Medieval Names from European Sources)

In the process of finding literature for Dr. Uckelman’s project on
Protestant and Puritan names, I came across a very interesting paper about
naming customs in medieval Ireland and how they compare to medieval
England:  Tait, Clodagh. “Namesakes

Read more at
https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/07/01/ireland-vs-england-are-protestant-names-different-than-puritan-names/
------------------------------
Mystery Monday: Idosia/Ydozia (Dictionary of Medieval Names from European
Sources)

Every Monday we will post an entry that hasn’t yet been published with a
view towards harnessing the collective onomastic power of the internet. If
you have any thoughts about the name’s origin, other variants it might be
related to, other examples

Read more at
https://dmnes.wordpress.com/2020/06/29/mystery-monday-idosia-ydozia/
------------------------------
Same sex sexuality in the middle ages (Drachenwald Youtube Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5YurcFAqpY
------------------------------
R is for Ring (Wolfram von Falkenstein and Alessandra di Riario's Youtube
Channel)

Read more at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3MEXyfoig
------------------------------
A wulsthaube (Marlein - a 16th century wardrobe)

I got asked if I could make a wulsthaube, and that I could! I dont know the
person that Im making the wulsthaube for and we do not live close to each
other. Therefore I made the wulsthaube a bit different to what I normaly
do, when I can try it out,

Read more at
https://marleina16thwardrobe.blogspot.com/2020/06/a-wulsthaube.html
Same sex sexuality in the middle ages (Drachenwald Blog)

In non-Pandemic times this weekend would have been seen pride parades in
many places in the world. The history of pride, being largely a 20th and
21th century thing is outside the SCA period of interest. LGBTQ wasn’t
unheard of in the middle ages ,

Read more at
https://drachenwald.sca.org/posts/news/2020/06/26/same-sex-sexuality-in-period/